Tuesday, March 9

Young @ Heart [Post #3]

The ethnography we watched yesterday and today, I thought, was absolutely amazing. I loved every bit of it. The people in it were amazing. The way they are so devoted to their music and songs and their "choir" group makes me a bit envious.

When they lost two of their members and kept going, just that act was phenomenal. I know a lot of people say, "go on without me" or "whatever happens, the show must go on" and all, but I'm not sure how many times others actually listen to that and continue on. This really showed how tight-knit their group was.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, the movie was fantastic! I really envy how much work they out out for being so old and close to death. Being in that situation where you're so close to so many people close to death must really be hard on Bob Cilman, he seems to care for them all so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took the words right out of my mouth, I agree with all that you've said. The movie really speaks, especially for those who read between the lines. This is definitely a movie that should go onto the rack of those that have a strong emotional message and lesson to learn.

    ReplyDelete