Tuesday, March 9

TCE Chapter 7: Ethnographic Detail and Cultural Focus [Post #2]

This chapter starts out asking yourself about which direction to take the ethnography questions after the person interviewed starts restating facts. Based on just the first paragraph, I think it should be really helpful. However, I also think that this chapter probably should have come in earlier since it talks about interviewing.

I liked the bulleted list and examples. It's clear and I noticed that one of the bullets: collect stories. I tried that earlier today but the person I asked didn't seemed to remember anything of significance. Maybe I'll try again...

As for the focus, I'm not yet sure on what the focus on my ethnography will be. We're probably supposed to have some idea but everything is still muddled and sketchy in my head right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment