Sunday, March 7

TCE Chapter 5: Discovering Taxonomic Structure [Post #6]

What do you do next in the ethnographic research process once you have completed your first interview and typed your field notes?

Good question. I suppose a lot of the notes would be just overwhelming to look at. I've never really heard of the word "taxonomic" before--or at least--used in an English class.

The analogy of the cars in a parking lot used it a lot made the introduction to the chapter easy to understand. I wasn't sure what this chapter was going to be about (but I could guess: something of organizing the notes) and so this introduction makes it interesting.

As I read further, I find myself slightly confused. I understand that it could be split into four types: kinds of, parts of, ways to, and steps in, finding that definite relationship between these four types and our ethnography project is unclear. Am I over thinking it? Or am I just not reading it thoroughly enough? Hopefully, a lot of this will be explained in class tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment