Saturday, March 27

Freewriting [Post #6]

I'm tired. It's late. Actually, it's only 11:18, but it feels later and I feel more tired because I woke earlier than usual. I usually try to sleep in as much as I can... And I always stay up longer than I tell myself to. I shouldn't end with "to", but I do, anyway because it's the way I speak. I have lotion on my desk. I should study for my Economics final. I actually like the class, I'm rather surprised. I didn't think I'd like the class, but it's interesting. Especially the freakonomics stuff. I'm not sure if I spelled that right and I'm too lazy to fix it. But asking questions like "why do brown eggs cost more than white eggs" is interesting. Interesting is an interesting word. People pronounce it different. People pronounce a lot of other words differently. In-ter-resting, in-ters-ting, in-ner-resting... Huh. Fascinating. Okay, now I'm just tired. I hate writing "okay" as "O.K." I think it's weird and... I just don't like it. I like writing it out like this: "okay". It just looks neater too. "O.K." to me is too informal. I used to type "l1k3 t41$" until I realized how stupid it looked and forever it took to type. I also used to type in various shapes and forms that I wish I hadn't. Stupid little ole me, haha. I still have candy canes on my desk. The drawers are covered in post-it notes. That have little notes on them. Which are reminders that are never going to be remembered because I pretty much ignore it. Which I shouldn't. I'm a messy person. My desk is completely covered in random things and my dad's always saying how I need to clean up. He's a neat freak. My sister is too, but less so. She plays saxophone. Has it been ten minutes yet?

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand what you mean about spelling and pronunciation. When I chat, I always feel uncomfortable using "lol" or the like; I'm so used to using formal English that it feels strange to do so. I, too, notice how words are pronounced. Take aluminum for example; Brits pronounce it "aluminium" (hopefully I am referring to the correct group and have the correct spelling of the pronounciation).

    ReplyDelete