Wednesday, March 17

Dramas, A Mini-Rant [Post #3]

My mom enjoys watching the Asian-version of soap operas, something my friends and I call "dramas". They're usually Korean soaps--the usual cliches, with various eye-rolling and predictable scenes. Yet, it's strangely addicting to watch. Perhaps it is the music.

Well, my mom, being not-Korean, chooses to watch them in a horrendously done Vietnamese-dub. Sometimes, she even watches the obviously low-budget Vietnamese dramas. The acting it in is terribly exaggerated and much too unbelievable.

These dramas usually consisted of pale, skinny woman who wore heavy make up and thick, red lipstick. Although I find the Vietnamese language to be almost musical, their voices, I cringe and try not to cover my ears, are atrociously high and nerve-grating.

(Sorry for the random post that seems out of place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment