Wednesday, March 10

TCE Chapter 8: Cultural Themes and Cultural Adaption [Post #4]

Is it bad that when I read about Ruth Benedict's description of the Hopi Indians, I thought of Spock's people? (I can't remember what they were called...)

This chapter talks about how there are different mini cultural groups within the subcultural group you are looking at. That makes me a bit worried since PK and my own ethnography group doesn't seem to really have a subcultural group--wait, actually, I think I've just thought of it. They're divided into three desks: the Service Desk, the Information Desk, and the Children's Information Desk (although the Information Desk could be called the adult's information desk). One of the workers there (not technically a librarian) mentioned that although they all worked at a library, the workers up at the Service Desk were doing a completely different job than the others in the information desks and thus, were not called librarians.

Huh, interesting.

Well, I shouldn't spill too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment