Tuesday, February 9

TCE + Class [Post #2+3]

Chapter 3 of TCE was much longer than the previous chapters. There was a lot of good details and suggestions about finding a cultural informant and who that person should be as well as who it should not be. I thought the list of what makes a good informant was informative and also liked that the authors explained how many there should be.

Still, the consent form in the back of chapter 3 raised questions. Must we actually write out a form and have our cultural informant sign it?

Today's activities dealing with leads and sets was really helpful. Although I thought my leads were alright, after today, I realized that they could use a bit of work. The activity with designing the sets, however, were especially helpful. I never realized how important the set was and how detailed we had to try to make it! The whole idea of comparing it to building a set for the stage, for a play, gives a new perspective. It's not just an essay anymore. It's an art form.

1 comment:

  1. I also thought it was weird that we had to "set up" our paper. I never really thought about the order my paper should be in, until she showed us examples and I realized that everyone has they're paper's out of chronological order.
    Also, when I read the consent form it scared me. I feel like we have to be very careful with what we say. I don't think we have to worry about the form though unless it's like a secret society or something.

    ReplyDelete