Sunday, February 21

FSTI Chapter 31 [Post #7?]

There are too many topics out there that a person can research. FSTI says you should choose something that interests you but there are too many things that interest me. Still, the guidelines they have for choosing a topic could be helpful.

1. What do I want to know and why is it important?
2. What do I already know?
3. How do I find new information?
4. How do I evaluate what I find?
5. What have I learned?

Alright, so that's what we need to think of while working on the research paper.

The part about working in solitude is ironic because while reading that part, at that moment, my sister was studying her history with her music on full blast. (Of course I had to read it out loud to her.) While I understand a lot of people are like that, I'm not. I need an absolute silence to work on subjects, or to even think. Sometimes, I can manage to tune out the surroundings though.

The evaluation part reminds me of AP European History last year when we did our DBQs. In that, we wrote an essay based on a series of documents. There was this one part where we had to evaluate a document's credibility or biasness.

Hopefully this research project will turn out well. I'm actually a bit excited to learn about a specific topic of my choosing (which, again, reminds me of European History last year. Those historical investigations...).

No comments:

Post a Comment