Monday, February 22

FSTI Chapter 32 [Post #1]

Chapter 31 starts with a comparison between the techniques the authors would be discussing and learning how to write for the very first time. It's a rather neat comparison. I can't remember writing for the first time but when I sit and sift through my old writing work books, I muse on the differences in hand writing. I remember my mother, wanting me to be perfect, had decided that making me practice my hand writing every night would help. (Now that I remember it, it makes sense... since Chinese was a lot harder to perfect and she was used to that, I guess...)

The chapter later goes on to talk about how to skim a book or text. This is unusual because when I skim, I let my eyes run over the words waiting for a key word to jump out at me. But their method is very different. I think I might try it.

I giggled when I saw the right way and wrong way to take notes. I hadn't known there was a right and wrong way. The clear cut differences the text lays out definitely shows and helped me see how I've been doing in comparison to that. I guess I had been taking notes the wrong way.

I've always heard that paraphrasing was a good thing, but there's a wrong way for that too?

I might try the practices later or some other time.

No comments:

Post a Comment