Monday, February 8

FSTI [Post #1]

I understand that developing the characters is an important thing when writing but I never realized that a writer could show how a character is in as few as a sentence. Just the dialogue alone can tell the reader a lot about the character. For example, an American person might try to "recreate" a British accent by changing the spelling of certain words or using different words. "Wot is it?", maybe.

It's interesting and pretty awesome to know that you could create characters. I think that it would be amazing to bring to life fictional characters by just words because the writer is essentially giving their "children" traits of themselves. It's like the writer is the mother of the characters.

I was mildly confused on the emphasis in chapter 8 on light. I understand that light can reflect the mood of the scene or give the reader an image, but is it really that important? Still, I really liked the examples the two authors gave us to show what would be good and what would not be so good.

Chapter 9 was very illuminating. While I knew there were different ways to approach a personal narrative, I did not know how exactly to describe it or the most direct approach was. This text and the examples for each organization was very helpful. "Zooming in", "zooming out"... The examples, too, gave me a clearer idea of what the authors were trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment