Wednesday, February 24

FSTI Chapter 33 [Post #2]

This chapter was relatively short and concise. It began with telling us that we should organize our notes. Before taking this class, I'd never really thought much about the organization of notes. Sure, I took notes and rewrote them so each piece of evidence fit with the other. But I never really went out of my way to cut out large pieces and actually sorting them out.

We spoke a bit in class about organizing notes. This, I liked. The suggestion of copying and pasting evidence onto word documents with the source right by it was a neat idea that I immediately took to. I'll be trying that for this research paper.

I remember back in 10th, my English teacher spent a lot of time talking about how we should write in quotes. We'd spend the period writing and I remember her overhead--the one with the quote cookie sandwich. I think I remembered it clearly--clearer than other lessons--because she brought in Oreo cookies. Me and my stomach. The point is that she taught us how to stuff quotes in our papers and that's how I've always written it.

Alright, so the chapter continues to talk about the thesis, "developing a design", and finally the outline. Of course, I should hope that the class knows how important the thesis is. I don't really think there's much to say about it other than that, yes, it is important and our paper centers around it.

I think the design development is the hardest. It's like trying to begin your personal narrative again, only with a different topic. Still, with the outline, it might be easier than the personal narrative this way. The research paper has loads of evidence and we have a support: the outline while the personal narrative has nothing but our fading memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment